Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Who Am I?


I am a daughter. My mom had me when she was almost 21. She had major complications after having me. That was the beginning of me being a stubborn thorn in her side. ;) We have been through the deepest of pits and the highest of highs together, but without the trials and situations we lived through together, we wouldn't be even half as close as we are today. The things we have endured as a threesome (with my sister, too) are tenfold what the average family has to endure. My mom is my best friend and my life cheerleader.

I am a sister. My sister and I are 3 years and 10 months apart. Although she is a constant in my life, someone I couldn't imagine my life without, it wasn't always that way. Like many sister relationships, she started off as being a fun toy for me as a small child, then an annoying little sister when I thought I was too cool for my own good, then a rebellious annoyance that I wanted to constantly smack as a teenager, but now she is my sidekick, my Comadre, my best friend, someone to keep me on my toes.

I am an outcast. My dad's parents disagreed with my parents marriage, therefore disowning my mother and any future children they may have. Sucks for them, because they missed out on 2 granddaughters and tons of future great-grandchildren. Probably better. My paternal 'grandmother' was a true German old woman, and evil in every aspect you could imagine. My dad's brothers were always my uncles, but my relationships with them have never been that strong. Nonetheless, I hope they are all well!

I am a survivor. My dad died suddenly when I was 13. It was a super snowy day in Illinois, and while driving back to finish his shift driving a Wonder Bread truck, a coal truck jackknifed on the highway in the snow, throwing up a blinding wall and killing my dad. I would like to think it was instantly, but I know it wasn't. He was a workaholic, a computer nerd, a smoker, he was a lot of things. But, he was my dad, I loved him, and I miss him.

I am a survivor, again. I was blessed to have a fantastic father-figure come into my life when I was 17. He was the reason we moved to Arizona. I was so angry with him at first. I couldn't believe understand why my mom was moving us across the country to marry this guy, and I despised him for it. We left Illinois right before my senior year of high school. Before God's plan became clear, I though it was SO wrong to move me before I finished high school. Well, GuitarMan gets the award for making the biggest impact in the smallest amount of time. GuitarMan led us to a faith. That then led to Hubby (then my boyfriend) becoming a Christian, and now my children being raised in that environment, many friends I have been able to introduce to God and hopefully it will impact for generations to come! He also taught us the importance of life, and how short it truly is. Most importantly of all, he showed my mom what she deserved in a husband. I miss him every single day. GuitarMan passed away after a long struggle with illness at 50 years old.

I am a wife. I met my Hubby when I was 17. I was engaged to someone else before when I met Hubby. My 'ex' was a truly great guy and still a friend, but God had a different path in my life laid out, and I could feel that connection when I met Hubby. It was just meant to be, and we both knew it. We dated for about a year and a half before we got engaged, and another year later we got married on 02-02-02. Marriage has definitely been interesting! But over the last 6½ years, Hubby and I have been through SO much. Life, death, rich, poor, better, worse. We just about have those vows covered, and have proven to ourselves there is nothing we cannot get through.

I am a mother. This has truly been the most rewarding and successful thing I have done with my life. I love being pregnant, which could get me into trouble for how many kids we have! I decided while GuitarMan was dying that taking my birth control and prolonging God's smallest blessings was just a waste of my time. Hubby and I had been married for a year and a half, and we decided to start trying. After 9 months of trying, and 9 months of waiting, sweet BabyGirl came along and blessed the lives of so many people. Shortly before her 2nd birthday, Hubby and I decided out threesome needed to grow by one, and we got pregnant on the first shot. When BabyGirl was 2 years and 8 months old, our sweet BabyBoy came into our lives. I am truly blessed and lucky to have been given such amazing children.

I am an employee. I have had a variety of jobs, to say the least. I started off at Target, then worked at Old Navy for a while. When I graduated from high school, I went on to get my CNA and received my CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant. I worked on Maternity at the hospital for a while, then decided I wasn't making much. Went on to work for a bank and when my boss and I had a major blow-out, I started working here at the current company I work for. I have been here for 6 years now, working as a bookkeeper, credit, accounting, collections, human resources, office manager, order entry, purchasing, and about everything else girl. I really like my job. But to stay home would be the ultimate.

I am a business owner and seamstress. In November 2008 I decided it was time to do something about this whole 'work thing'. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. But I am the mother of 2 small children, and hopefully more to come. I need to be home with them. If they had consistency, routine and steady habits by having me stay home, I think it will groom them to be better individuals. I decided to start MaggieMoo Designs. It formally began in February 2008, but the planning happened far before that. Since opening, my sales have doubled every single month. I am overwhelmed and busy, but loving every minute of it! God is blessing my business.

I am a BFF x's 1. BabyO and I have been friends since freshman year of high school (1996). We both have a sickening similarity. We both lost our dads at the tender age of 13ish. Past that, we are pretty much the same person. So many of our character traits are similar. She moved down here to Arizona with me after she finished high school, and we roomed together. I always say that was definitely an experience I would relive in a moment! We had so much fun together and got along wonderfully! BabyO is one of those friends you can (unintentionally) go months without talking to and you are still the best of friends when you pick that phone back up. I miss hanging out with her as much as we used to, but cherish every second we are together! BabyO is the voice of reason and inspires me with her optimism, and I'm so lucky to know she will always be in my life.

I am a BFF x's 2. I met Bestie online when we were pregnant without our girls in a Birth Club forum. We clicked immediately, as we both shared so many similarities. It took us just over a year to finally meet up for the first time, and ever since then we have spent thousands trying to get together. We are lucky to have not gone longer than 4-5 months without seeing each other. We both share a passion for Christ, a dedication to our families, an addiction to fondue and an obsession with Disney! Bestie is a shoulder to complain and cry on and someone I know I can always count on.

I am a friend to many! I have so many fantastic friends and people in my life. If I were to point out the amazing details of all of them, I would be typing for hours. But you all know who you are.

I am in in-law. I seriously have the most amazing in-laws a girl could ask for. I don't have mother-in-law issues like most. Hubby's entire family has brought me in and embraced me as their 'own'. I have the most fantastic group of nieces and nephews a person could ask for. I have sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws that would do just about anything for me as if I was their blood sister. I also have my sisters Hubby who is no different than a brother to me. I am one lucky girl.

I am many other things as well, but those things mentioned are the traits that define me. I consider myself strong, protective, short-tempered, loving, faithful, determined, (somewhat) organized, productive, stressed out, durable, creative, ______. If you know me, you fill in the blanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you MY Bestie!!! xxoo
You truly inspire me reading your posts :) Thank you for spilling your thoughts!